It's easy to replace the battery in your remote key fob. The fob is made of two plastic parts that snap together. Inside is a small circuit board, a rubber key pad and a battery.
To replace the battery, follow these steps:
- Insert a small flathead screwdriver into the seam near the keyring mount.
- Press down on the screwdriver to force the key apart at the seam.
- Remove the battery from the housing.
- Insert a new CR2032 battery with the negative side down.
- Place the circuit board into the key pad, then the key pad into the key.
- Snap the two halves together starting at near the key and working to the end.
Tools you'll need to complete this project:
- Small flathead screwdriver
- New CR2032 Battery
When separating the two halves of the key fob, don't use a twisting action or you could damage the plastic. Pressing down works the best. It's easiest to place the half with the battery on top of the half with the circuit board and keypad.