How To Run Wires Through your Jeep Wrangler TJ Firewall
What You Will Need
- Daystar® KU20040BK Firewall Boot in Black
- 14mm Deep Socket and Ratchet (for automatic transmissions only)
- 1-1/4" Hole Saw
1. Here you can see behind the engine under the intake manifold there is a cable coming through this grommet. This is the automatic transmission shifter cable. On a manual transmission equipped Wrangler you can remove the rubber plug and use this hole to pass wires through using the Daystar Firewall Boot.
2. On an automatic transmission equipped Wrangler TJ you will find the clutch master cylinder block off plate to the right of the brake booster. This can be removed using a 14mm deep well socket. This is the hole i like to use in this scenario.
3. Daystar Firewall Boot and stock clutch block off plate.
4. Using a 1-1/4" hole saw drill through the block off plate on center of the larger hold on firewall. You can flip the plate over to see the mark from the sealing foam.
5. Insert the new boot as shown.
6. Re-install your modified shifter plate with boot using the original hardware. All done, now it will be super easy to pass anything through the firewall.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.